- Strategic Business Planning
- Business start up
- Business plans & financing
- Cost Reduction
- Non Executive Director
- HR support
- Lean Manufacturing
- early stage
- Growth Strategies
- Business Consultancy
- Business Strategy
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Forecast Profit and cashflow
- Transformational Change
During the last 30 years I have been providing transformational change and supporting growth plans for a range of businesses from SME’s through to PLC’s.
· This work began at PwC - part of Financial Advisory Service a team focused on turnaround.
· Hard decisions on how to cut cost and
· where appropriate focus in sector consolidation seeking buyers and completing sale of business transactions.
· During 10 years my exposure spanned many sectors including tier 1, just in time automotive and secondary manufacturing / engineering business around the West Midlands, building and construction. Other experience was gained with food processing, hotel and hospitality and even recruitment consultancy.
A further 15 years working within industry
· building an infrastructure manufacturing PLC from £70m to £300m undertaking M&A manufacturing
· controlling the full process including
o transactional work and
o due diligence adding core business to build the group, including
o cross border transactions and
o disposing of non-core business.
In addition to the M&A I undertook transformational change
· to align product type to focus on specific market and
· capitalize on wider work opportunities,
· in partnership with key customers on cost down but wider sales volumes.
Created overseas business development opportunities across
· Asia and the Far East.
· Worked with customers to understand their needs and provided solutions to solve their problem both overseas and in the UK
Additional M&A work and new business development for other West Midlands PLC’s
· creating enhanced a shareholder value adding.
SME work has included
· Creating business development opportunities and project managed the growth of an SME tripling revenues and profitability.
· With SME’s working and created a number of business plans to support funding requirements for Development Capital.
· Profit and Loss forecasting with integrated cash flow to identify funding needs
· Working with early stage business supporting and guiding the management through the development stage
Private Equity Investment
· As an investment director within Private Equity looking at early stage investment opportunities within the high-tech sector.
Investigation work assignments looking at
· working capital,
· costing systems,
· fraud reviews
Corporate Strategic Services
MSc. Manager and Organisational Development (- Conultancy Bias)
Diploma in Manament Studies (Post Grad)
ICAEW time barred, qualified by practical experience
Clubs and Associations
St Peters Lodge and related activies
Interests and Hobbies
Keen on outdoors: hill walking, cyclying, sailing RYA Level 2 reluctantly ex water skier!